It is only fitting I discuss our Kitchen on my first post since I spent the most amount of time throughout our build focusing on this room. Do I do open shelving, glass doors on the top row of cabinets, open shelving, a custom hood, a different color island? I changed this layout about a million times. Is there anything I would change in the kitchen?- absolutely. There are always things you think of after the fact. My main regret is not doing a waterfall island. I was steered away from this idea because of potential cost, so I didn’t even bother getting a quote on it. I will just have to make sure I make this happen on our next build 🙂
Shop the Post!
I am so happy we went with Bertazzoni Appliances for our two main pieces- the range and refrigerator. The 36″ range we chose is a little more affordable than other brands like GE. I actually prefer a fridge without a water dispenser because it looks more sleek- we just use a Brita inside the fridge to dispense filtered water. Since you cannot see our dishwasher, we went with a different brand, Bosch. This was because it had a quieter dBA rating than the Bertazzoni one, and it was a little less expensive. Our microwave is a basic GE Profile counter top microwave hidden in our pantry.
It took me forever to get all 4 of these bar stools. I initially ordered 2 from Target to make sure I liked the color (they come in black, natural, white, and brown) and are all so cute. They then went out of stock for months. I honestly feel like any of the colors could go in here. Another thing I got from Target are the pendant lights. Unfortunately, these were a collab between Project 62+Leanne Ford and are no longer available. I got these for steal- I think they were about 70$ a piece compared to other dome pendant lights I have seen for hundreds of dollars. Here is a similar Brass Dome Pendant on Wayfair if you want the look!
Other details on our kitchen:
- Island is 9′ long
- Counter tops are Sweet Caroline Zeal Quartz.
- Faucet is the Trinsic collection by Delta in Champagne Bronze.
- Soap Dispenser is also by Delta in Champagne bronze.
- Sink is a BLANCO 440149 Precis Super Single Bowl-Anthracite Sink, 32″ L X 19″ W for 36″ Cabinet. Here is a similar sink by Winpro.
- Backsplash is 2×8 white subway tiles in a herringbone style. We found these tiles at Floor and Decor. Here is a 2×8 option on Amazon: White Subway Porcelain Tile Gloss Finish 2″ X 8″ ( 88 pieces- Box of 10 Sqft), Wall Tile, Backsplash Tile, Bathroom Tile, Vogue Brand Designed in Italy
- & last but not least, the BEST hardware ever is Lew’s Hardware Bar Series – Solid Brass Cabinet Knobs and Pulls (6″ Centers/10-1/2″ Overall). We got varying sizes in the Brushed Brass style. This was a splurge but worth it!